Did You Know ~
- WHS’s renovated gym and new fitness spaces are being well-used by students, faculty and community members for both sports and wellness activities, including yoga, crossfit and meditation during non-school hours and weekends.
- The new auditorium has hosted a number of successful programs and shows, and students and staff are learning to take advantage of new technology that is available for future performances.
- On Skillings Field, the installation of the new culvert has been completed (a separate project to support the town’s flood control efforts), and planned soil remediation work is now underway in the vicinity of both the culvert and the parking/baseball areas.
- Phase 3, the final construction phase, is fully underway. Exterior and interior framing as well as roofing are near completion. With the building enclosed, interior finishes may begin. Exterior façade work will continue over the next few months.
- A beautiful young oak tree was planted in front of the administrative offices – we can all enjoy watching it grow into a majestic landmark in years to come. Continued thanks to the community for its support of this project, and especially the neighbors to the construction for their patience!
- The New Year will bring us completion of the WHS renovation. The project is scheduled to be completed in time for the opening of school in September 2017 (only eight months away!).
WHS Project Communication Group